So. . .
Getting started has been hard. Best part so far is using some well saved money to buy some dance essentials. Also a few items I hope will help me get a little extra edge at home since I won’t be able to be Ina studio practicing daily. (This is of course due to being a full time working single mom of little kids with limited income)
Dance bag building fun!
- Hair ties, Bobby pins and a hair net!
- Tights, Leo, and some Capri dance pants (ballet and jazz ready)
- shoes, I already had ballet flats but they are super slippery for jazz and lyrical combos so I bought some I am hoping will be safer lol and much better for turning then bare feet.
- A TurnBoard! I am not skilled in turns one and two are decent but more then that and I’m falling all over. This fun board helps you practice sporting and support/posture. I’m not amazing but I can certainly feel the difference in one week.
- Rolling foam for body. This helps deep message tissues and knots. . .an absolute must for my body. Also a messaging foot roller. Didn’t know how many muscles where in your feet until you begin to dance. You can also use a tennis ball (which I have at work for those few rare breaks off my feet.
- Leg warmer and dance boots. Not absolutes but again for my body the more warmed up my joints and muscles are the better my poor Fibro body will do.
I certainly prayed a lot over these items because I felt like I was splurging on none essentials. It is so deeply on my heart to begin this journey to dance. I also had to be honest with my bodies weaknesses, safety and care where essential to doing this journey correctly.
This is the items I have now, I do not officially have a dance bag, that one can wait. What’s in your dance bag?
Side note, I got items off of